If you are, or have been, forced or coerced to work or engage in sexual acts against your will, you may be a victim of human trafficking. This is not your fault, and you are not alone. We can help you.
Some examples of trafficking include:
- Being confined and forced to work in a restaurant or sweatshop
- Having family threatened as a way to be forced into prostitution
- Being forced to work by threats of deportation
- Having identification papers taken and withheld
- Any sexual activity involving an individual under the age of 18 in exchange for or with the promise of money or an item of value
- Coercing or forcing any person under the age of 18 into prostitution, pornography, stripping, phone sex lines, private parties, or internet-based exploitation
Many survivors experience severe physical and emotional trauma. Our human trafficking advocates are here to provide confidential support to you and your family.
We have many services to help you, including:
- Crisis intervention
- Safety planning and confidential shelter
- Advocacy and coordination of services
- Accompaniment to medical procedures, interviews with law enforcement, your attorney’s office, court proceedings, etc.
For more information, please call our 24-hour confidential hotline at 1.877.END.SADV (1.877.363.7238) or visit one of our offices in Gilroy, Morgan Hill, or Hollister. If your life is in danger, please call 911 now.